How to verify?
On Prem Elastic¶
- The On-Prem Elastic provides the feasibility of pushing the agent logs to Elastic Host using beats and feeder agent.
- Elasticsearch is a search and analytics engine. It is an open source, full-text search and analysis engine, based on the Apache Lucene search engine.
- Logstash is a log aggregator that collects data from various input sources, executes different transformations and enhancements and then ships the data to various supported output destinations.
- Kibana is a visualization layer that works on top of Elasticsearch, providing users with the ability to analyze and visualize the data. And last but not least — Beats are lightweight agents that are installed on edge hosts to collect different types of data for forwarding into the stack.
1. Status of Elastic with On prem Feeder:¶
Please run the below command to check if agent and dependent pods are up and running.
All the pods/services should be in Running state.
kubectl get all -n <namespace>
2. Status of Beats with On prem Feeder:¶
- Once the feeder agent starts running, exec into the filebeat sidecar as below.
Kubectl exec -it <podname> -c filebeat-sidecar -n <namespace> filebeat -e -d "*"
- Once the feeder agent starts running, check the logs using below command
Kubectl logs –f <podname> –n <namespace>