Agent Metrics: FileBeat | Kibana | On-prem Metrics¶
1. Status of Feeder Agent running on Cluster:¶
Please run the below command to check if agent and dependent pods are up and running.
kubectl get all –n feeder-service
NOTE: It's assumed that Feeder Agent is running on cluster if not kindly go through this section
2. Beats Setup:¶
- The agent will be spinned along with Filebeat running along as a sidecar.
- The filebeat configuration file in the package can be updated to specific Elastic instances, and logs can be viewed in Kibana.
a. Elastic Configuration Parameters:¶
- The below Configuration parameters can be updated for elastic configuration.
(If Default params needs to be modified)
- name: ELASTICSEARCH_HOST value: https://elasticsearch-es-http - name: ELASTICSEARCH_PORT value: "9200" - name: ELASTICSEARCH_USERNAME value: "elastic" - name: ELASTICSEARCH_PASSWORD value: "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
b. Command to be Used:¶
kubectl set env deploy/feeder -n feeder-service ELASTICSEARCH_HOST=”https://elasticsearch-es-http”
c. Update Log Path:¶
- To Update the Log path configured, please modify the below log input path under file beat inputs.
filebeat.inputs: - type: container paths: - /log_output/value.log
2. Kibana Dashboard¶
- Once the filebeat starts listening, an index will be created or updated on the elastic configured and the pushed logs can be seen.
- In order to create a dashboard, you will need to build visualizations. Kibana has two panels for this
- One called Visualize and
- Another called Dashboard
- In order to create your dashboard, you will first create every individual visualization with the Visualize panel and save them.
- Once the feeder agent starts running, check the logs using below command
Kubectl logs –f podname –n feeder-service
- The logs will push the metric data to GRPC Client / Kafka, and the GRPC server in SaaS platform will be listening to this metrics and can be viewed in Prometheus.
4. On Prem Metrics:¶
- To fetch the metrics in standalone environment, please write a scrape job in Prometheus with feeder service agent as a job name, and scrape the metrics from port (:xxxx)
- job_name: "feeder-pod-agent" sample_limit: 10000